Office Hours 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday    |    Contact: 028 90 279 100    |

Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme


The Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme is now open for applications until 31st August 2026.

You can apply online at Detailed guidance on applying for the Scheme is also available on this website.

You can download, print and submit a paper copy to the Victims’ Payments Board at:

Victims’ Payments Board

PO BOX 2305,



If you have difficulty using the website you can make contact with the Victims’ Payments Board using the details below:

T: 0300 200 7808


What is the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme?

The Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme is being run by the Victims’ Payments Board. It aims to acknowledge the harm suffered by those injured in the NI Troubles/Conflict and the implications of living with a permanent disability (physical and/or psychological) caused by a Troubles/Conflict related injury. It also aims to promote reconciliation between people in connection with NI’s troubled past.

The scheme can provide payment to those who suffered a Troubles/Conflict related injury which resulted in a permanent disability level of at least 14% (either physical and/or psychological) as assessed by a suitably qualified healthcare professional.

Further information on the eligibility for payment is available at

What is the role of VSS in the Scheme?

VSS are not administering or carrying out assessments in relation to the Scheme. However, we have established a network of trained Welfare Advisors at our funded partner organisations that can assist you in making an application. If you would like to avail of this support please contact one of the below organisations directly, or alternatively, you can call us on: 02890 279 100 to discuss further.


T: 02890779922


The Ely Centre

T: 02866320977


Relatives for Justice (RF)

T: 02896949327


South East Fermanagh Foundation (SEFF)



The Ashton Centre

T: 02890742255


Subject Access Requests

Requests for information

Applicants will be asked to submit, along with their applications, information that they have on hand relating to their injury/circumstances.   Note that the Victims’ Payments Board (VPB) will have arrangements in place to seek information which applicants do not have to hand, from the relevant source (e.g. PSNI, PRONI, Health Trusts, VSS etc).

In respect of VSS, we are aware that we may hold information which applicants will wish to be taken into account.  We do have an information sharing agreement with VPB and can therefore provide this information directly to VPB in any case where VPB requests it.  It is therefore not necessary for applicants to make a request to VSS for information held on file before submitting an application, simply specify on your application form that you receive support from VSS.

Individuals do however retain the right to ask VSS for any information we hold about them (a Subject Access Request).  For anyone wishing to make such a request in relation to the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme, a form is available to do so below.

Information Request Form

Troubles Permanent Disablement Scheme Infographic

© 2022 Victim & Survivors Service    |    Accessibility Statement & Disclaimer    |    Privacy Policy    |    Cookie Policy