SEFF’s Mission Statement is: “Supporting Victims and Survivors, Strengthening Communities.” SEFF is committed to supporting individuals to make the personal transition from “victim” to “survivor” as part of a process of healing and confidence building.
The organisation has in place 9 CORE aims from which it operates:
1. To represent and lobby on behalf of the innocent victims and survivors of terrorism in effecting positive change for such individuals around the areas of Truth, Justice, Acknowledgement and overall Service provision.
2. To develop services and programmes which improve the physical and mental health & wellbeing of the innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and other ‘Troubles related violence’.
3. To develop Transgenerational/Youth services which seek to educate society as to the on-going legacy of 40 plus years of terrorism and other ‘Troubles related violence.’
4. To improve the financial circumstances of innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and other ‘Troubles related violence’ through tailored welfare services and skills-based programmes.
5. To develop strategic partnerships with community/voluntary/statutory sector based organisations for the purpose of ensuring quality and sustainable services are provided for the innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and other ‘Troubles related violence.’
6. To offer services in an accessible, localised manner which will enable the individual needs of innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and other ‘Troubles related violence’ to be best met.
7. To provide opportunities for Volunteers to develop their skills, so enabling them to be an intrinsic part of the overall service delivery model within SEFF.
8. To empower those whom we support to make the transition from ‘Victim’ to ‘Survivor’ as part of an overall process of individual healing and recovery.
9. To strengthen the organisation’s ties within the broader community and to develop and/or participate in initiatives which help build a sustainable Peace.
SEFF is positive for the future and will strive to continue its work on behalf of victims and survivors. The organisation strives to assist the conditions whereby some of the most traumatised may have some sense of peace and will feel empowered to build their lives for their own betterment, their families and the communities to which they belong.
SEFF also seeks to develop its outreach arm particularly around the areas of youth and community development so enabling victims/survivors to re-integrate back into the wider community.
SEFF is non-political, non-sectarian and is very much a family focused organisation.
The organisation is committed to further build its networks across the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and further afield with other organisations and individuals who subscribe to our ethos that the use of criminal violence in the furtherance of or defence of a political objective is not and was not ever justified in the Northern Ireland context.
Useful key words:
- Ex-services community
- Ex-security services community
- Ex-military community
- Innocent Victims United IVU
This organisation receives support from the Victims Support Programme for Groups Working with Victims and Survivors, to deliver some or all of the services that it provides. Its views do not necessarily reflect those of the Victims and Survivors Service.
How to Access this Service
If you wish to make contact with this organisation, feel free to call or email them directly using the details provided. Alternatively, feel free to contact VSS on 028 90 279100. Our Health and Wellbeing Team will be happy to assist you.
SEFF Main Office
1 Manderwood Park
1 Nutfield Road, Lisnaskea
SEFF operates outreach services in
Bessbrook, South Armagh
Rathfriland, County Down
Newtownstewart, County Tyrone
Fivemiletown, County Tyrone
Lisburn, County Antrim
London (Providing services and support to victims and survivors based in GB)
25-27 Finsbury Circus,
And outreach to victims and survivors living across the Republic of Ireland
SEFF Victims and Survivors
SEFF Lisnaskea (Community page)