Launch of Individual Needs Programme (INP) for 2018/19
We are delighted to announce the opening of the Individual Needs Programme for 2018/19 following budget allocation from The Executive Office. This award is very much welcome and ensures a smooth pathway from last year to this year for recipients of the Individual Needs Programme, and for VSS funded community and voluntary organisations.
The 2018/19 programme will remain the same as 2017/18.
Existing clients registered with the Victims and Survivors Service (VSS) by 31st March 2017 will be eligible for the following awards as part this year’s Individual Needs Programme 2018/19;
- A £500 Self Directed Assistance Payment for all eligible clients
- A £500 Additional Needs Payment to;
- Those who are bereaved of a spouse / partner or both parents as a direct result of the conflict
- Those identified as Seriously Injured under the 2016/17 programme criteria
- A separate £150 payment may be available to those who require support to transition to our needs based approach
- Full access to services and support to meet their needs in terms of Persistent Pain, Disability Support, Education and Training
There will be one small exception for those who received the transition payment of £200. This is now reduced to £150 in year 2. This was part of our 3 year plan and those savings will be diverted to the needs based frameworks. There is no reduction in the overall budget allocated to victims and survivors.
For any individuals who came forward from 2nd April 2018 onwards they will receive
- Full access to services and support to meet their particular needs in relation to Persistent Pain, Disability Support, Education and Training. We are unable to offer direct financial payments to new individuals registering with VSS from 3rd April 2017.
If you are already registered with the VSS, we will write to you directly towards the end of April to provide you with individual information.
If you wish to find out more information about our services, please contact us on 028 90 279100 or email email@example.com