The Co-Design Programme is a process of stakeholder engagement that is being driven forward by the VSS, working together with the Commission for Victims and Survivors and The Executive Office.
Its purpose is to come up with improved services and support for victims and survivors, based on feedback from all of the relevant stakeholders. It is a process of engagement that will be ongoing for the foreseeable future.
The Co-Design Programme Team held its fifth series of engagement seminars on 20, 24 and 26 January 2017.
A key aim of the seminars was to provide an overview of the new Individual Needs Programme which will operate from April 2017 onwards.
On the basis of the feedback gathered at the seminars, which was largely very positive, we can confirm that the new model for the Individual Needs Programme will focus on delivering services based on need.
The new Programme will incorporate the following elements:
For existing clients registered with VSS by 31 March 2017, who have been confirmed eligible for the current 2016/17 Programme:
- A £500 Self Directed Assistance Payment for all eligible clients;
- A £500 Additional Needs Payment to:
- Those who are bereaved of a spouse/partner or both parents as a direct result of the Conflict, and
- Those identified as Seriously Injured under the 2016-2017 Programme criteria;
- A separate £200 payment may be available to those who require support to transition to our needs based approach; and
- Full access to services and support to meet needs in relation to Psychological Therapies, Persistent Pain, Disability Support, Education and Training, or Advocacy.
For new individuals coming forward from 3 April 2017 onwards:
- Full access to services and support to meet needs in relation to Psychological Therapies, Persistent Pain, Disability Support, Education and Training, or Advocacy. We cannot offer direct financial payments to new individuals coming forward from 3 April 2017 onwards.
Our aim is to improve the Programme by making it easier for you to use. The changes will also ensure that as many victims and survivors as possible gain access to services and support that they need.
If you are already registered with the VSS, we will write to you directly towards the end of April to provide you with more information about the new Programme.
If you are not yet registered with the VSS and would like to find out more about the services and support that may be available to you, please contact us on 02890 279100. Our team will take your details and send you the relevant information in the post.